Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grilled Chipotle Chicken with Mango Avocado Spinach Salad

This meal actually takes very little time to prepare.  I only wish we had a really grill - the ones that cook with fire and not pans that have ridges on it that mimic grill marks.  One can only dream...

Ingredients:
  • 2 chilies - chipotle in adobo sauce (won't be able to use the whole can or your face with burn off - I froze the remainder)
  • 5/6 tblspns - malt syrup (I only used malt syrup because I have a lot of it from my bagel making.  It cuts the spicy chipotles.  Honey or maple syrup would probably be good too.)
  • chicken (I used deboned leg but any chicken would be fine)
  • baby spinach
  • 2 mango (adulfo)
  • 2 avocado

Chop 2 chiptole chilies finely and mix with the malt syrup and use this to marinate the chicken.  I marinated it for a couple of hours.  When taking the chicken out of the marinade, let some of the excess drip off.  Grill until chicken is done.  While the chicken is cooking, cut the mango and avocado into bite size cubes and lay on top of baby spinach.  When chicken is done, cut into desired pieces.  I had an extra piece of chicken with no marinade.  I don't think baby1 would appreciate the chipotles.



No comments: