Monday, June 16, 2008

BBQ Ribs



Our condo complex just installed a couple of barbeques outside.  This is the first time we used it.  I bought the ribs as part of our father's day dinner but it started to rain so I couldn't use the new bbqs.  This rain was a benefit to me, it allowed me to marinate my ribs for even longer.  The next day, I raced out to the bbqs in the afternoon with my hubbie and babies.  More storm clouds were looming overhead again the next day so we had to make it a quick cooking trip downstairs.  The ribs turned out looking great but I found the bbqs produced very little visible flame.  The bbqs are KitchenAid stainless steel.  Nice bbqs but not sure if I like these new fangled things.  It uses gas but the gas is covered up my these metal plates, so it seems the meats are never really exposed to any open flame.  Just the heat.  The ribs looked great but they lacked some of that bbq'd flavour that we were looking for.  I'll be adding my marinade recipe shortly to this post.  Oh yes, I grilled some zucchinis and pineapples.



No comments: