Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Who needs to call for pizza delivery?


Homemade pizza - I made the dough with a recipe on Martha's website but most pizza doughs have the same combination of ingredients. I substituted in some whole wheat pastry flour. Next time, I just might stick with all purpose though. The whole wheat made it a bit dry. Although I must say though that the problem in the dryness may be the brand of whole wheat pastry flour I'm using. I ran out of the Whole Foods 360 brand that I was using and purchased another brand called Oak Manor. The results of anything I make with this brand's whole wheat pastry flour is not at all light. Will have to switch back to the Whole Foods store brand until I source another lighter quality whole wheat flour. I'll have to take a look at what Bulk Barn offers.

Baby1 loved the pizza though. She seems to like anything that's bread-like. I made her a margherita pizza - just tomato sauce, basil and mozzarella cheese.

The other pizza toppings for us was ham and pineapple.

No comments: