Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Purple Dinner


Another quick dinner.  This past weekend when I went to the supermarket I happened onto these purple potatoes.  I've seen them on tv but not at any regular supermarkets.  I don't have the time to search them out from any specialty markets just to have some uniquely beautiful produce on our plates.  I would like to though.  Wow...aren't they Wow.  Look at the colour and the patterns...just adore how they look.  I should make them into chips next time, that would keep the integrity of the visual more than just smashing them.  That's how I served them, smashed.  I cut them in halves and boiled the potatoes.  Then I pressed the palm of my hand on them and roasted them in the oven.  Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.  Still loving the purple after they've been squished.


Oh ya.  I roasted some chicken drumsticks while roasting the potatoes and voila, there's dinner.

No comments: